Our campus is supporting the Central Texas Food Bank by hosting a Food Drive beginning Friday, November 1st-Friday, November 15th. Let’s participate in a Tiger Way by bringing in your food donations during this period. The HSS-Austin class with the most cans donated wins a popsicle party!
Why Should We Help? – Facts About Hunger in Central Texas:
- 1 in 5 children is at risk of hunger
- 40% of the clients we serve are children or older adults
- We serve nearly 46,000 people every week
- 93% of our clients are not homeless
- The majority of our clients work, but have trouble making ends meet
Food Items Needed:
peanut butter – canned items: chicken breast or tuna, low sodium vegetables or fruit in its own juice ( no sugar added) – dry pinto or other types beans – brown rice – non-fat dry milk powder – 100% whole grain cereal
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for healthy, non-perishable food items with intact, un-opened, non-breakable(no glass) packaging items with an expiration date.